With the start of the pandemic season of the Covid-19, we all worry about new mutations causing day by day, which try to go against the latest vaccination process and preserving system.
The newest update is the spread of a new variant called Omicron, which leads to covid-19 in a higher spread level through the community. From today know your facts; Let’s talk about what is this Omicron Variant? Read and enjoy.
What is Omicron?
Omicron is a Covid19 variant aka SARS-CoV-2 variant: B.1.1.529 was initially recorded and confirmed on 9 November 2021.
On 24 th November 2021, B.1.1.529 variant was first reported to WHO from South Africa. Unlike other variants, the Omicron variant has more mutations, which has a more significant risk of reinfection than other VOCs.
In the laboratory level PCR testing, a failure of one of the primary genes in the reports (S gene) could be observed, which is used as an identification point of the Omicron variant at the movement. This caused some of the symptoms which didn’t fit the classic Delta variant profile.
Some of the unconfirmed news fears it could potentially be more transmissible and evade immune protection at a higher level.
These mysterious characteristics lead to panic in most countries by temporarily shutting down their airlines to other countries.
But WHO states that no one needs to panic with the existing least amount of research / experimental results and maintain current level performance same as another variant of Covid-19 situations is the best precaution that everyone should take about.
Why Omicron is special
According to the concern of WHO, Omicron contained a higher number of mutations than doubled as Delta variant and an increased risk of reinfection, as compared to other variants of concern.
Records say it had got a minimalistic amount of symptoms than the Delta variant, which leads to a higher level of silent transmission of the disease than others.
But research has not finalized the decision about the seriousness of this. Appropriately careful and going with the vaccination process is the best way to stay protected from Omicron.
Does Omicron more transmissible than Others?
As mentioned before, Omicron contained more than 30 mutations, and some of them are much transmissible compared with the Delta variant.
Several cases are confirmed in South Africa, and research is still in progress to ensure the situation.
But surely, it might be a clear competitive advantage over Delta.
Here is the list of countries that have reported positive cases for new covid variant (to 01 December/2021)
- South Africa
- Great Britain
- The Netherlands
Does Vaccine against it?
Currently, there are rumours on the disability of the Vaccine against Omicron, but it has not been scientifically proven yet.
The covid-19 pandemic has gone through several bad situations of its spread, and we have been able to solve most of them with the help of the vaccination process, which hopefully will be the best answer. If so, another vaccination cycle might be the best shield that we can be prepared for.
But it might take a week or two to confirm the seriousness of the situation.
Actions Recommended by WHO
As a person, you have got the highest responsibility to fight against Omicron. We all are protected up to our least careful community member’s lifestyle habits. Read more.
- Keep being updated with your COVID-19 lifestyle. Maintain your old habits with the pandemic season until everything is confirmed as safe.
- Keep your physical distance least 1.5 meter with outsiders
- Try a well-fitting mask
- Avoid outdoor poor ventilation outdoor areas
- Improve your indoor ventilation systems
- Try sanitizers in outdoor areas and cough or sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue
- Get vaccinated in your correct term
Also, always be alerted on the residential news on any specific location with a higher risk level.
As Country wise
Under the higher level of Transmissibility of the Omicron, WHO recommends several precautions, you can take to avoid or control the situation.
- Sharing the information and genome sequences on publicly available databases, such as GISAID
- If there is any updated information about the Omicron variant; its characteristics, or the changes from the existing virus, make sure to aware community and responsible authorities
- performing field investigations and laboratory assessments to better understand this new variant transmission in your specific regional area and community
- Regulate the Vaccination program
- implement effective public health measures to reduce COVID-19 circulation overall, using risk analysis and a science-based approach.
- Enhance the public health capacities in any case of emergency
Check our article on – Can Air Purifiers Avoid COVID-19
To Know about air purification Read Us
To know our facts more Click here
Air Purifiers - Breathe With NEED
Westinghouse Smart Air Purifier for Home | Medium Room 505 square feet | HEPA Filter plus Patented NCCO Technology | 4-Stage Medical-Grade Filtration | Smart Wi-Fi | Kills, sanitizes and removes bacteria, Pet Dander, Dust, Wildfire Smoke, Odor, Pollen | WH50